News and Events
- Viridis.iQ presented at the Metal Bulletin's 32nd International Ferroalloys Conference in Prague, Czech Republic on Novemer 6-8, 2016.
- Viridis.iQ presented at the CRU Ryan’s Notes Ferroalloys 2016 conference in Miami, FL on October 23-25, 2016.
- Viridis.iQ presented at the American Metal Market's, North American Ferroalloys Conference in Chicago, IL on September 19-21, 2016.
- Viridis.iQ presented at the Silicon for the Chemical and Solar Industry XIII conference in Kristensand, Norway on June 13-16, 2016.
- Viridis.iQ presented at the 13th China Ferro-alloys International Conference in Xi'an, China on May 25-28th, 2016.
- Viridis.iQ’s presented at the general assembly of VDMA (PV section of German Engineering Federation) in Frankfurt, Germany on April 12, 2016 on "100 GW Solar Mission in India: A Real Chance for German PV Engineering?"
- Viridis.iQ presented at the 2nd International Conference on Advances in steel, power and construction technology (March 17-19, 2016) in Raigarh, India.
- Viridis.iQ was selected as the "Best Greentech Idea - Advanced Stage" at the 2016 Green Innovation Forum II in Stuttgart, Germany on February 24, 2016 for its Silicon Waste Recycling technology.
- Viridis.iQ's published its regular blog on the PV market at www.pv-tech.org on the state of the Indian PV market.
- Viridis.iQ presented at the 31st Metal Bullletin International Ferroalloy Conference in Istanbul, Turkey on November 8-10th, 2015.
- Viridis.iQ sponsored the conference lunch at the CRU Silicon Forum in Istanbul, Turkey on November 11th, 2015
- Viridis.iQ presented at the Intersolar India Conference and Exhibition in Mumbai, India on November 18-20th.
- Viridis.iQ is selected to commence a Preliminary Economic Assessment Study for the Implementation of a 50,000 tons per year Ferrosilicon Plant in Quebec for Canadian Metals (CME)
- Viridis.iQ attends the groundbreaking ceremony of PCC Bakki Silicon, which Viridis.iQ is supporting with engineering and operations knowhow.
- Viridis.iQ's Mr. Matthias Grossmann publishes his latest blog at www.pv-tech.org
- Viridis.iQ presented at the Intersolar South America Conference in Sao Paulo, Brasil on 1-3 September, 2015.
- Viridis.iQ's Mr. Matthias Grossmann publishes his latest blog at www.pv-tech.org
- Viridis.iQ's Dr. Wolfgang Herbst moderated a panel at the "Photovoltaics Investor’s Day Brazil - Manufacturing and Generation" that was sponsored by Baden-Württemberg International and the Solar Cluster Baden-Württemberg on June 17th in Receife, Brasil and on June 19th in Rio de Janeiro. Brasil. Click here for the brochure for this event.
- Viridis.iQ's Mr. Lou Parous spoke at the CRU Ryan’s Notes European Ferroalloys 2015 in Zurich, Switzerland on June 8-9, 2015 about the effect of electricity prices on the production of ferroalloys in Brasil and South Africa.
- Viridis.iQ's Mr. Lou Parous spoke at the Asian Metals 3rd World Silicon Forum in Beijing, China on May 25-26th, 2015 about the impact of silicon on the photovoltaic sector and the need for process optimization in the Chinese silicon manufacturing base.
- Viridis.iQ's Mr. Matthias Grossmann published his regular blog on www.pv-tech.org
- Viridis.iQ's Mr. Matthias Grossmann spoke at the SNEC 15th Industry Workshop on Global PV Markets in Shanghai, China on April 29th 2015 about Asian strategies for off-shoring in the face of PV trade barriers
- Viridis.iQ's Dr. Wolfgang Herbst spoke at the Solarex Istanbul Renewable Energy Exhibition in Istanbul on April 9-11, 2015 (Hall 9; Booth 22A). http://eng.solarexistanbul.com/
- Viridis.iQ's Matthias Grossmann moderated a panel discussion on “The Solar Future of Turkey” at the Intersolar Summit Turkey conference in Istanbul on March 18, 2015.
- Viridis.iQ's Matthias Grossmann publishes latest blog on PV expansion at PV-Tech. Read the blog here.
- Duisburg/Konstanz, February 2015 – PCC SE entered into a contract with Viridis.iQ GmbH (www.viridis-iq.de) for knowhow transfer and initial technical operations support for its planned metallurgical silicon plant in Iceland. The modern factory is planned to be built in the Bakki industrial estate near Húsavík in the north of the island with construction works to start in Spring 2015 and will use Viridis.iQ GmbH process and operations support for various early stages of the project. The application of experienced and dedicated operations support and diverse process and business knowledge for the PCC Bakki project aims to rapidly make the project a global top tier metallurgical silicon producer.
About Viridis.iQ GmbH
Viridis.iQ GmbH is an German industry development, engineering and process consulting firm specializing in knowhow transfer, operations, training and process design for the metallurgical silicon and downstream photovoltaic and chemical industries. The company has decades of accumulated expertise and experience in the operations of metallurgical silicon and ferroalloy production facilities worldwide.
PCC SE is a value-led management and investment company primarily active in the three business areas of Chemicals, Energy and Logistics, with the Chemicals division making up the core of the Group. PCC aligns its activities to long-term corporate success accompanied by sustainable growth. The company endeavours to occupy lucrative niches – whatever the sector or industry concerned – and to generate earnings by increasing efficiency and continuously optimising its portfolio.
PCC SE resolutely, systematically and opportunistically develops new national and international business areas and product segments as soon as they become available for exploitation and are deemed, after conservative, risk-aware analysis, to offer an appropriate level of profitability. PCC consistently aligns its selection decisions to the potential for sustainable growth and the expected continuity of cash flows. Every effort is made to ensure that scale effects are utilised and opportunities for horizontal and vertical integration, or consolidation, are properly realised.
In fiscal 2013, PCC SE generated consolidated sales of 624 million euros and realised an EBITDA figure of 47.5 million euros.
- Executive Director Mr. Lou Parous from Viridis.iQ presented at the CRU Silicon Forum in November 2014, in Barcelona, Spain.
- Director of Process Intelligence, Mr. Valdiney Domingos presented at the Metal Bullletin Ferroalloy Conference in Barcelona, Spain on November 9-12th.
- Viridis.iQ’s Mr. Matthias Grossmann presented at the 6th International Conference on Solar Energy in Romania about development perspectives for local PV production in Romania. November 19th 2014 in Bucharest, Romania.
- Mr. Matthias Grossmann moderates the PV Manufacturing interactive Session and Viridis.iQ exhibits and sponsors the Intersolar Summit Middle East, Riyadh, October 14 – 15, 2014.
- Viridis.iQ publishes a paper on silicon atomization at the "Silicon for the Chemical and Solar Industry XII", Trondheim, Norway.
- Konstanz, 12 May 2014. Viridis.iQ is contracted for technical services work on a large scale FerroChrome factory in Oman.
- Konstanz, 8 May 2014. PCC Bakki Silicon hf, part of the German multinational PCC Group, signed an initial operations and technical services contract with Viridis.iQ GmbH, for a planned silicon metal production plant in Iceland. PCC Bakki Silicon plans to launch a plant producing 33,000 metric tons of this material annually in Bakki, Iceland, in 2017. Viridis.iQ GmbH will provide operations support teams and technical services as well as future training and knowhow transfer for the project.
- Viridis.iQ has just made available a teaser for its Management Navigator for PV Equipment manufacturers
- Viridis.iQ hosted a delegation visit from representatives of the Republic of Venezuela and conducted a workshop on local PV manufacturing from 2nd – 4th of April 2014 in Konstanz
- Matthias Grossmann published paper on local PV manufacturing in Photovoltaics International
- Viridis.iQ GmbH hosted a delegation visit from representatives of the Republic of Venezuela and conducted a workshop on local PV manufacturing from 2nd – 4th of April 2014 in Konstanz. During the course of this event a visit to the internationally renowned solar energy research center “ISC Konstanz” took place, to receive an update on latest manufacturing technologies. Practical hands-on experience on the benefits of PV applications was demonstrated through a tour at the “Solarpark Rickelshausen”.
- March 2014: Matthias Grossmann published a paper on local PV manufacturing in Photovoltaics International 23rd edition:
“The investment case for the establishment of PV manufacturing hubs in emerging regions became bleak as c-Si PV manufacturing capacities in China ballooned from 2004 to 2011/12. The resulting supply-overhang, with dramatic price decreases throughout the PV value chain, led to severe margin compressions and ultimately to closures, insolvencies and postponement of expansion plans by incumbents across the board. A common misperception by private and public decision makers alike - reflected by the recent escalation in global trade disputes - is that products made outside of China are, per se, not competitive. In contrast to this mind-set, and on the basis of experience in numerous development projects, the author argues that new entrants have multiple instruments available that can make local PV manufacturing plants commercially viable in many regions of the world.”
The full article can be purchased through Solar Media Ltd.: http://www.solarmediastore.com/journals/pvi-23.html
- Viridis.iQ’s executive director Dr. Wolfgang Herbst spoke about "Emerging markets for PV equipment manufacturers - between hype and reality" at the general assembly of VDMA (PV section of German Engineering Federation) in Frankfurt, Germany on April 1, 2014.
- Viridis.iQ sponsored the Brasilian PV Workshop Inovação para o Estabelecimento do Setor de Energia Solar Fotovoltaica no Brasil that took place on March 31, 2014.
- 11th February 2014: Viridis.iQ is now a partner of the competence center for energy transition Constance (Kompetenzzentrum Energiewende Konstanz).
- RENEX South America, Porto Alegre, Brazil
On November 28, 2013 Viridis.iQ’s executive director Dr. Wolfgang Herbst spoke about "Trend to local production - Will South America be a future production market?" at EuPD's PV Briefing Brazil 2013 that took place during RENEX South America (November 27-29, 2013) in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- CRU's 3rd Silicon Market Summit, Barcelona, Spain
Viridis.iQ’s executive director Lou Parous gave a speech about "The PV Bubble: The Impact of the Photovoltaic Market on the Silicon World" on November 13, 2013 in Barcelona, Spain at the CRU's 3rd Silicon Market Summit that Viridis.iQ sponsored.
One day before, Lou Parous spoke about "Engineered Metallurgical Silicon (EMS) - An economical alternative to mechanically milled Silicon and an optimized method to recycle wastes" in Barcelona. The brochure can be downloaded here.
- Congress “Energia Renovables”, Venezuela
Viridis.iQ’s Matthias Großmann gave a speech at “I Congreso Venezolano - Energia Renovables”, held from October 30th to November 1st, 2013 in Maracaibo.
- 10th September 2013:
Report on the Solar Potential of Saudi Arabia released at last year’s Joint Forces for Solar Networking Briefing
Renewable energy initiatives in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia may soon create an attractive new market for international solar partnerships. The first major report to focus exclusively on concrete solutions and practical approaches for Saudi Arabia has been released at the “2nd PV Briefing & Networking Forum Saudi Arabia”, hosted by the global network initiative Joint Forces for Solar and the Saudi Arabia Solar Industry Association (SASIA)
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has announced plans to introduce a support scheme for renewable energy. While details of the program are still under discussion, a decision is expected in the short term. The potential opportunities and key issues of the market have been highlighted at the 2nd PV Briefing & Networking Forum Saudi Arabia, jointly organized by Saudi Arabia Solar Industry Association (SASIA), Joint Forces for Solar, EuPD Research and Intersolar.
A key part of this event was the release of a new white paper, “The Potential of PV in and for Saudi Arabia”, jointly issued by the independent consulting firm Viridis.iQ, the market and opinion research institute EuPD Research, and SASIA. In the White Paper they analyze and evaluate the potential of photovoltaics installations and local production over the PV value chain in the Kingdom. It has been published during the event on September 10th in Riyadh.
Please click the picture below to download the White Paper.
Viridis.iQ’s executive director Dr. Wolfgang Herbst took part in a panel discussion at the 2nd PV Briefing Saudi Arabia organized by Joint Forces for Solar. It took place on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The panel discussion was titled: "Solar Ecosystem Development".
Viridis.iQ’s executive director Dr. Wolfgang Herbst gave a speech about "Today’s extraordinary cost pressure in photovoltaics production: A new chance for disruptive PV technologies?". It took place on Thursday, July 11th, 2013 in the session titled: "The Future of PV: Technology & Market Outlook".
- International Ferro Alloys Conference (INFACON XIII), Almaty, Kazakhstan
Viridis.iQ’s director 6σ process intelligence Valdiney Domingos Oliveira presented some of the latest developments and applications for the metallurgical silicon and polysilicon industry in June 2013: "EMS - Engineered Metallurgical Silicon: An alternative to mechanically milled Silicon and a method to recycle wastes" and "Metallurgical Silicon from High Purity Sand - Critical issues and Potential Development".
- General assembly of VDMA (PV section of German Engineering Federation)
Viridis.iQ’s executive director Dr. Wolfgang Herbst introduced the study "Opportunities and Challenges for German Photovoltaics Equipment Suppliers in the Global Competitive Environment" on 9th April 2013 in Frankfurt.
Dr. Florian Wessendorf, managing director of the VDMA Photovoltaic Equipment section, commented the study: "In-depth analysis of the challenges and the opportunities for PV equipment suppliers. Viridis.iQ has contributed substantially to increase the competitiveness of our members."
- 7th PV Fab Managers Forum, Berlin
Viridis.iQ’s executive director Dr. Wolfgang Herbst took part in the panel discussion about "Total Cost of Ownership" in March 2013.
- 06th February 2013: Trinidad and Tobago is moving ahead with its efforts to support the development of a local solar energy cluster for the Caribbean region. Last week in Port-of-Spain, an official agreement was signed and confirmed between InvesTT Chairman Brian Frontin and Managing Director Johan Sydow of SiTek Limited, for a 40 week feasibility study to find Trindad’s unique value proposition along four independent parts of the solar value chain. Sitek has selected Viridis.iQ, a German company specializing in integrated Photovoltaic manufacturing, as a consortium member for the photovoltaic value chain portion of the study from metallurgical silicon to solar modules.
- 04th February 2013: Viridis.iQ is now a member of SolarLake Konstanz.
Brasilian delegation visited Viridis.iQ in Konstanz on 24th January 2013.
- World Future Energy Summit 2013, Abu Dhabi
Viridis.iQ’s executive director Lou Parous attended the World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi from 15th to 17th January 2013.
- CRU’s 2nd Silicon Market Forum, Germany
Viridis.iQ’s executive director Lou Parous spoke in Berlin on 14th Nov 2012 about "Implications of raw materials on metallurgical silicon"
- Solar meets glass 2012, Germany
Viridis.iQ’s executive director Dr. Wolfgang Herbst gave a speech in Dusseldorf, Germany on 22nd Oct. 2012 about "Thin film photovoltaics: Niche products or next generation PV?"
- Era 2012 Oran, Algeria
Viridis.iQ’s executive director Lou Parous gave a speech in Oran, Algeria on 16th Oct. 2012 about "Integrated c-Si based PV manufacturing in Algeria"
- Ryan’s Notes - Silicon Interview
Viridis.iQ’s executive director Lou Parous gave 2 subsequent interviews for Ryan’s Notes, published on 8th and 15th Oct. 2012 about "What’s new in Si and the solar market?"